Blueberry and Almond slice
PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 30 mins
TOTAL TIME 45 mins
Serves: serves 8
¾ cup (180 ml) of melted King Valley Dairy unsalted butter
¼ cup (60 ml) canola oil
1 cup (200 g) sugar
2 free range eggs
1 ½ (7.5 ml) tsp pure almond extract
¼ cup (60 ml) water
1 ½ cups (180 g) flour
2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
1 tsp (5 ml) salt
6 oz (170 g) fresh blueberries
¼ cup (50 g) raw sliced almonds
1-2 tbsp (13 g) of powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F/(176C) degrees. Spray a 10” (25 cm) deep dish, removable bottom, fluted tart pan with baking spray. Set aside (you can also use a regular cake pan, or turn this into muffins also).
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, canola oil, and sugar. Mix well until combine.
- Then with a wire whisk, whip in eggs, whisking until combined. Add almond extract and water and stir well.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, stir gently with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add blueberries, stirring in gently.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and top with a sprinkle of raw almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the tin. Place on a cake stand and dust with powdered sugar.